Chrome Productions is an innovative blend of video production company and creative studio with offices in London and Los Angeles. We take projects from development through production & post-production to create award winning films for some of the world’s leading brands. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a dynamic and ever-growing production team that tackles projects of various sizes – from global broadcast events and television commercials to episodic branded content. Collaborating with a UK-based production team as well as US-based leadership, the role involves research, planning, staffing & logistics, and budgeting across a broad range of clients across a variety of sectors including luxury, travel, lifestyle, and automotive.
Chrome is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and we strongly encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
Freelance to full-time
Commensurate with Experience
Head of Production (London) & VP, North America (Los Angeles)
We are looking for a Freelance Producer to work across our existing and prospective client portfolio.
The ideal candidate is a creative problem-solver with a pro-active mindset and an innate ability to predict, mitigate and solve for obstacles at every stage of production. They will enjoy immersing themselves in the varied worlds of our diverse clients while also being part of a collaborative team tasked with bringing new, exciting and innovative ideas to life. In addition, the candidate will be comfortable adapting to changing project needs by switching gears quickly and nimbly while keeping the end goals across multiple projects clearly in sight. This role requires a strong network of connections in the industry and it will be necessary to show a proven history of leading complex projects with demanding deadlines.
The work is normally office-based, however current conditions may require WFH/virtual conditions.
- Receive and respond to client briefs in a creative and considerate way.
- Lead the scoping and budgeting of prospective projects and meticulously manage the project scope, with confidence in negotiating client discussions relating to changing circumstances
- Organize communications to ensure smooth operating of the project, both internally and with the client throughout the project lifecycle.
- Manage timelines and deadlines of active projects.
- Develop and maintain a strong network of connections in the industry.
- Manage logistics & booking of crew, gear, and locations.
- Contribute to regular brainstorming sessions with creative, production & leadership teams.
- Oversee edits, providing feedback to editors and contributing to group feedback sessions.
- Work with creatives and editors to produce creative solutions to production challenges and client briefs.
- Proficiency with budgeting tools such as Excel & Hot Budget
- Experience dealing with Payroll Processors such as CAPS / Cast & Crew
- File sharing tools like Google Docs, Dropbox, etc.
- Familiarity with video file and delivery specs
The Ideal Candidate
- Is a ‘people person’ who thrives in a dynamic and creative environment.
- Considers themselves an intrinsically organized person.
- Is collaborative and works well in small and large groups.
- Has a keen sense of the production lifecycle.
- Can see the big picture while also focusing on the details
- Calm, balanced, level-headed, and collaborative in nature
- Communicates clearly and eloquently.
- Has a broad range of passions and interests.
To apply, please send a copy of your resume and any showreel or portfolio materials to [email protected] with the subject line “Candidate // US Producer”